Monday, August 5, 2013

Summer Blues

My kids started school today...yep, on August 5th.  Dang depressing.  I never liked school, and it's difficult for me to send them to school.  I was bullied the majority of my school career, and back then you just got through it.  Add to that the fact I hate being put inside anyone else's box...and I think you get the picture!

One thing I am NOT blue about is our new fall collection.  I've taken it on a Bling Tour, and will be in California this upcoming weekend showing it off in Mission Viejo and San Diego.  I currently have a great August lineup, and have two shows ready to be submitted; yep, life with lia sophia is pretty good. Now if only the kids didn't have to go back to school in August, right before my birthday.

Interesting how as women our emotional state tends to dictate other things we do, isn't it?  While on my "working vacation" I made a list of things to start on today - and yet I am unmotivated.  I can't seem to shake the exhaustion of the trip, nor the since of sadness that my kids have to attend school.  Rather than sit here with my coffee and sulk, I've got my pen and paper ready.  I'm making a list of the things I need to accomplish today, projects to begin & people to contact.  By making an actual list - I am held accountable to it.  These tasks need to be done - today.  So what if I don't want to make a phone call - it's on the list.  It needs to be done.

If you find yourself down, not because of business, but just the busyness of life, take time to jot down what you need to do with your business.  Make a list, check it twice.  You'll find that what brought you down feels a bit less stressful when you accomplish a few of the tasks set before you!


No comments:

Post a Comment